Art and artworks
International fine art insurance broker
Since 1998 the SCHUNCK GROUP has been active as an international and independent fine art insurer. For the insurance interests of the art sector, the SCHUNCK GROUP operates the artSecur® Competence Centre headquartered in Freiburg im Breisgau, with a liaison office in Geneva in Switzerland as well.
ARTSECUR – THE COMPANY
artSecur® as an international and independent insurance broker deals exclusively with the insuring of artworks and collectors’ items of all kinds. From paintings, clocks and watches, jewellery, highly valuable wine and cigar collections and even including financial assets in gold bar form.
Our experts work in close collaboration with clients and the best worldwide art insurance companies in carrying out and developing insurance solutions for art shippers, museums, private art collectors, foundations, corporate collections, art galleries and auction houses.
artSecur® – our clients
We know which special requirements each individual client puts on the insuring of its artworks. For that reason, we recommend, on the basis of a thorough risk analysis, the right insurance solution for:
- Art shippers with their own art warehouse or duty-free zone storage in Switzerland or Singapore
- National museums and private museums
- Private art collectors, foundations, offshore companies
- Corporate collections
- Art galleries
- Auction houses
What does the typical risk situation in the art sector look like?
Artwork is subjected to major risks, in particular in exhibitions, storage and transport. And those risks must be hedged. The slightest carelessness can cause damage resulting in costly restoration or even entailing a reduction in value. A total loss would generally be unaffordable due to the unusually high values of the items. But even if the item is located in a residential house, in a holiday home or an apartment, all-risks insurance is recommendable in order to protect it, for example, from theft, water leakage, etc.
artSecur® offers its own software to manage inventory lists, loan agreements, uploading of photos, expertise, management exhibitions with all loan agreements for museums and private lenders.
artSecur® – Services: more than just insured
Professional competency and qualified consulting in all insurance questions constitute the solid basis for excellent service. As an independent insurance broker, we are not bound to any insurer, we constantly review the insurance market in order to be able to offer our clients the best terms at the best possible premiums. Discrete handling of all enquiries is, in this context, a matter of course.
- Advising and servicing on site
- Analysis of the current art insurance market: providers, premium levels, future trends
- Individually worked out insurance solutions
- Cover: nail to nail – all-risks coverage
- Immediate provision of electronic original insurance certificates
- Electronic insurance registration of transports, including in connection with exhibitions
- Electronic management and clearance of loan movements (loan agreements)
- Active support in case of a claim
Your contact at artsecur®
Director of the artSecur Competence Centre
+49 761 31902-59