Cargo insurance for the logistics industry
Whether transport accidents, theft, fire, incorrect delivery, damage, delayed delivery or even piracy, customs seizure, strike, terrorism or war: the transportation of goods involves numerous risks.
In the case of damage, the problems accumulate, but first and foremost the question arises: Who will explain to the customer that the delivery of the goods is delayed or even cancelled and who will compensate for the damage incurred?
If transportation is carried out by a commercial carrier – for example by a forwarding agent or freight carrier – not all risks are covered by its legal liability, or the legal liability is not sufficient in individual cases. In the case of an unavoidable event, for example, there is no liability. Similarly, statutory liability rates are generally not sufficient for higher-value goods. The risk is thus borne in whole or in part by the client.
It is therefore advisable for shippers to take out goods transport insurance. In this way, goods and supply chains can be effectively insured, damages are handled quickly and easily, and customer relations are not affected. Therefore, goods transport insurance often enables a company to remain in existence.
However, it is also advisable for a forwarding agent or carrier to actively recommend a goods transport insurance to the client in addition to legal requirements, especially in the case of long-term business relationships. This is an effective way of securing clients’ goods – and of course business relationships.
What are typical examples of damage in transport insurance?
- Loss or damage of goods
- Wrong or incorrect deliveries
- Delivery deadlines exceeded and other financial losses
What solutions does the SCHUNCK GROUP offer?
The SCHUNCK GROUP creates individual insurance solutions for both shippers and carriers, which are tailored to respective risk requirements.
Your advantages of the SCHUNCK goods transport insurance
- Door-to-door cover within the framework of an all-risks cover
- Compensation up to the actual value of the goods
- Insurance cover for problematic goods also, such as pharmaceuticals and foodstuffs
- Active risk management in cooperation with the client to prevent and reduce losses
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Cost-effective and individual terms
- Consequential damage to goods and pure financial losses
- Political dangers, such as war, strikes or terror attacks
- General insured costs and expenses, additional costs for reloading
- Return transport, salvage and removal costs and clean-up costs
- Exceptional additional costs, for example: for Sunday working
- General average margins
SCHUNCK IT Tools
As a service for goods transport insurance, the SCHUNCK GROUP provides innovative IT tools and services via the customer portal MySCHUNCK.